Keyland Polymer Material Sciences, LLC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. When using this website we may ask for certain information which may identify you. You can be assured that all information collected by Keyland will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
As you navigate through and interact with our web site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including: (i) details of your visits to our web site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the web site, and (ii) Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We only ask for the information listed below to help us understand your needs, and to enable Keyland to offer you better services or products.:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
However, we do not sell your information to any third party.
Distribution of Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- For marketing purposes as described in this policy.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the company about our web site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (i) permitted or required by law; or, (ii) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (iii) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect online, and to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure,.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our web site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the web site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the web site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our web site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our web site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the web site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this web site or through any of its features, register on the web site, make any purchases through the web site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this web site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission for it to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links To External Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
If you have previously agreed to allow us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us directly. If you receive email or newsletter communication from us, you also have the option to unsubscribe at any time.
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the this personal information please contact us.
If you believe that any information in our possession is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights.
This California Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies to “Consumers” as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), and supplements other Keyland privacy policies and notices. In the event of a conflict between any other Keyland policy, statement, or notice and this Notice, this Notice will prevail as to California Consumers and their rights under the CCPA. This Notice describes our collection, use, disclosure, and sale of California Consumers’ “Personal Information” (“PI”), as well as rights California Consumers have under the CCPA. Terms defined in the CCPA that are used in this Notice have the same meanings as in the CCPA.
We collect the following PI about California Consumers: (i) Identifiers/Customer Records (such as name, postal address, IP address and email address, and telephone number); (ii) Internet Usage Information (such as browsing history, search history, information regarding interactions with our websites or advertisements); (iii) Commercial Information (such as purchase history); or (iv) Geolocation data (such as physical location and movement).
We use this information for the Business Purposes of: auditing related to interactions and transactions; detecting security incidents and protecting against fraud; debugging or repair of systems; short-term transient use (for example, contextual advertising); providing services; internal tech research; and quality and safety control. We will provide this information to marketing service providers and other third-party providers such as credit card processors in order to allow the web site to perform the functions requested by consumers.
California residents have the right to request from businesses the categories of PI collected, the specific pieces of PI collected, the categories of third parties that the PI has been shared to, a list of PI that has been sold, and the right to request that the information be deleted. Users may make such requests to Keyland via the email address or number set forth below. Keyland will use its best efforts to comply with such requests; however, Keyland is currently not a “business” as that term is defined in the CCPA. As such, Keyland is under no obligation to respond to or comply any such request.
We do not sell California Consumer PI as defined under the CCPA.
We will not discriminate against any user in a manner prohibited by the CCPA.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as the “Shine The Light” law) permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third-parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request to Keyland at the address listed shown above.
Additional Information for EU-based Users
Data protection regulations in Europe require us to disclose additional information regarding personal information collected from European users, and to limit Keyland’s use of such information in specific ways. This section provides additional information applicable to European Personal Data, which may not apply to users in other geographies.
The legal bases for our processing activities are as follows:
- For our legitimate business purposes, including:
- to provide you with services, products, or other materials you request (for example, completing your registration for a loyalty program or sending you product samples) and to customize your experience with our web site;
- to manage and improve your experiences with our products, Services and offerings, including analyzing the use of our products and services, and determining the effectiveness of our advertising; and to protect the security and integrity of our website.
- To perform our contract(s) with you, including processing your purchases and transactions.
- To meet our legal obligations, for example:
- for audit and reporting purposes;
- to perform accounting and administrative tasks;
- to respond to requests for information by competent public bodies and judicial authorities; and
- to enforce our legal rights and to enforce or manage legal claims.
- On the basis of your consent:
- to send you direct marketing messages about our products, services, and promotions; and
- to deliver targeted advertisements to you, both on and off the web site, including by using cookies and similar technologies, as explained above.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. If you withdraw certain consents, we may no longer be able to offer related services.
European users of this web site have the legal right to request that we undertake specific actions with respect to their personal information, including:
- The right to request access to your personal information, including the right to have Keyland confirm if your personal information is being used by Keyland;
- The right to have your personal information corrected or erased;
- The right to object to or restrict Keyland’s use of your personal information, for example where such information is not accurate or no longer needed;
- The right to have your personal information transferred from Keyland to another party;
- The right to not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling based on your personal information;
- The right to withdraw any consent you have previously provided to Keyland for the collection or use of your Personal Data; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
The information that Keyland collects from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or by other entities acting as data processors on our behalf. Keyland will process and store your personal information for the duration of our relationship with you, which may be a long term, and as long as necessary to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations. Keyland will delete your data:
- When it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which that information was collected and processed;
- Upon your request or objection, provided there are no overriding legal grounds requiring Keyland to maintain that information;
- When necessary to comply with Keyland’s legal obligations; and
- If our collection of information was based on your consent, upon the withdrawal of your consent.
Keyland Polymer Material Sciences, LLC
4641 Hinckley Industrial Parkway
Cleveland, OH 44109